So, Malihedron, the 3D puzzle md Ogrun Ammok has on his shoulder... fluff clearly states that Everblight expects to fully unlock its powers, so we may see the epic version of it sometime in the future. What will it be?
- The obvious, Ammok gets an athanc shard as Everblight decides that he needs a Warlock to master the artefact.
- There is an athanc shard inside Malihedron! We do not see it on the tabletop ever again.
- Legion builds arcane devices to better control the artefact. This may result it mounted on a plinth (huge base? Carried by ogrun, beasts, or levitating?)(or a unit, Ammok as the Officer, Malihedron and its control magic items on a separate base, and assistant witches around?)
- Ammok dies, Vayl gets Malihedron. She figures out how to get around the maddening issues.
- So far its powers include enhanced spell range (so works with blighted magic) and close range aggressive dispelling abilities. It is described as necromantic, so maybe it will give Legion its first Soul collecting ability.
Sidenote, as Legion obviously can craft Hex Razors, would be cool to have a Hex Nephilim. Just a thought.
Post by davycannonhound on Apr 28, 2019 5:21:40 GMT
I remember I made a custom warlock out of ammok for shits and giggles. I don't remember why I chose what I chose, but here ya go (did not factor in the necromantic stuff):
Ammok, Vision of Everblight - Insert fluff blurb
Stats: SPD - 5 STR - 10 MAT - 7 RAT - 3 DEF - 12 ARM - 17 CMD - 10 FURY - 7 HP - 18 BS - 40mm WBP - 25
Abilities: Tough Exorcist Range Amplifier Unbinding (*Action) Leadership [Blighted Ogrun] - While in this model’s command range, friendly Blighted Ogrun models gain Rise. Dark Sentinel - If an enemy model ends its movement near this model, a model in this model's battlegroup can move and attack the enemy model. Both rolls are boosted.
Spells: Blood Fury - COST 2, RNG 6, DUR UP. Target friendly Faction warrior model/unit gains an additional die on melee damage rolls but suffers -2 DEF. Enfeeble - COST 2, RNG 8, DUR UP. Target model/unit suffers -2 to attack and damage rolls. Crevasse - COST 3, RNG 8, POW 12, OFF YES. If Crevasse boxes its original target, you can make a 6” spray, POW 12 magic attack using the boxed model as a point of origin. You can target models in its back arc. All models boxed as a result of Crevasse are RFP’d. Rampager - COST 4, RNG 10, OFF YES. On a hit, take control of target enemy warbeast. You may move it and make a basic attack with it, then Rampager expires. You cannot force the affected warbeast or use its animus. Can be cast only once per activation, and a warbeast can only have it cast on them once per turn. Twisted Form - COST 2, RNG 8, OFF YES. For one round, target warbeast suffers -2 FURY, and cannot have damage removed from it or be a transfer target.
Feat: The Truth - Friendly Faction models currently in control range lose the knocked down condition if they had it. Additionally, all enemy upkeeps currently in control range suffer the Unbinding effect. Also, for one round, Incorporeal models in control lose Incorporeal.
They did say in one of the dev chats that Ammok is just the right kind of insane that he can handle the Malihedron. Are there any other sources of insanity? A contained dragon that went mad in captivity seems a likely cause. Everblight has repeatedly demonstrated mind-influencing abilities while contained. There is also the mad prophet in CID right now, so it might be Infernal-related.
What if the Malihedron became our huge base structure? Ammok finally finds the button that activates the Lament configuration and it transforms into a larger version of itself. It could have the no incorporeal aura off of a huge base, unbinding in its CMD, and maybe give range amplifier to any spell caster in its CMD. Probably have some sort of gun/magic ranged attack.