Post by Aurora on Mar 29, 2017 18:44:10 GMT
Convergence Colossal Vector
The Prime Axiom inspires awe and fear among the armies of the Iron Kingdoms. The thrum of energy cycling through it is nearly deafening as the machine hovers over the battlefield. Its multiple weapon systems rip through screening troops, dismantle warjacks, and send servitors deep into the heart of battle. To confront a Prime Axiom is to behold the inevitability of the Great Work and the terrifying power made possible by the guiding and of Cyriss.
Weapons and Attacks
- Accelespiker - Range 13, POW 11, ROF 5 ranged weapon.
- Tow Cable x 2 (one in each arc) - Range 11, POW none, ROF 1 ranged weapon. (it does damage via Puncture)
- Puncture - A model hit by this weapon automatically takes 1 point of damage
- Drag - If this weapon damages an enemy, you can "push" it closer and then make a free melee attack against it.
- Drill Vice x 2 (one in each arc) - 2" melee range, PS 21 melee weapon
- Open Fist - This model may make Throws and Power Attacks
- Sustained Attack - During this model's activation, when it makes an attack with this weapon against the last model hit by the weapon this activation, the attack automatically hits
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack. It is big and stompy, as usual, but swaps out the Cortex for an Inducion Node. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - All Colossal and Gargantuan models treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Launch Servitor - Place almost any type of servitor Solo nearby when Axiom's activation begins.
Thoughts on Prime Axiom
Prime Axiom is a salvation to all Convergence players, yet a scourge to everyone else. This colossal sited itself as the most-feared-Gargossals in the entire game. You would be hard pressed not to include this model in one of your list. The Prime Axiom is the centrepiece of an army, and is incredibly good at destroying enemy heavies. Against warjacks and beasts, the Tow Cables reel in the target and the Axiom then proceeds to drill it to pieces. The enemy needs to screen their heavies to prevent this from happening. With puncture, the drag always works as you automatically do a point of damage. Against lights that works - as does five Accelespiker shots backed synergistically using your caster's abilities and other models in the Cyriss repertoire.
This colossal combines the best abilities of the Conquest, Galleon and Stormwall while enhancing them. It has decent SPD with deadly melee power and sustained attack (hit just once then auto hit all future melee attack on the same target using the same drill).
Combos & Synergies
- The Prime Axiom is an arc node due to warcaster's field marshall
- Has joint best RAT 5 in faction, and can raise on feat to RAT & MAT 8
- It can gain the benefit of Fire Group, extending the range of Accelespiker and Tow Cable to 15" and 13" respectively!
- It CANNOT gain the benefit of tactical supremacy (the spell can be cast on it, but it cannot reposition due to "Colossal" rules
- Model/Unit hit by Exponent Servitors, increases damage dealt by +2 on damage roll. Effectively increasing the POW of Accelespiker to 13, and Drill Vice to 23!
- Cast Domination on enemy warjack, then move it in range to Prime Axion and flip it around to expose its back. Not only does this allow you to bring targets in range of the Axiom (thus it is able to forfeit movement to aim) exposing the back increases chance to hit. Also, Magic RAT 8 is easier to hit targets with than Axion RAT 5 when you need to ensure the cable hits.)
- Remember that certain jacks who benefits from anti-push while base to base with another model, can be strategically beaten by using the Domination spell as explained above.
- The Prime Axiom cannot move due to admonition
- It cannot move due to reposition granted by Aurora's feat
- It cannot move due to apparition
- (Note: Just don't take PA with Aurora...)
- The PA CANNOT move due to countercharge. If a model finishes within the PA's melee range, the PA cannot countercharge at all because the general rules states that models cannot countercharge when engaged.
- It CAN receive the +2SPD from feat
- The PA is a shield guard due to Lucant's field marshall
- It CANNOT move due to watcher
- It CAN make melee attack due to watcher (ie. model moved within 6" of the caster, and finished in the melee range of the PA)
- Has the joint best RAT 5 in faction and a MAT 6 that is good even before Synergy
- Provides some nice support with Hot Shot (5 auto boosted damage Accelespiker!)
- The PA receives the field marhsall auto-repair
- It does gain the benefit from synergy
- The PA CANNOT be returned due to reconstruct (the spell states that only a target with a large or small warjack base can)
- The PA can make both initial ranged and initial melee attacks or a power attack and its initial ranged attack, in any order. What this means is, under the caster's feat; the PA gets 5 Accel shots, 2 Tow shots, 2 free melee from Tow shots, 2 Initial Melee attacks and buy 3 additional melee attack!
- Note: All initial attacks (ranged & melee) must be completed before purchasing any additional attacks, if you purchase a melee attack before completing your initial ranged attacks, you forfeit your initial ranged attack
Servitor Fast Ball (Can't do this anymore, as the new rules states that you can't target friendly models with power attacks.)
- This is accomplished by premeasuring the distance between Axiom and a small based target, placing Axiom at .5" from its maximum throw range (remember, it is 2" longer than normal because it is throwing a small base), then spawning a servitor directly between the Axiom and the small based target with the servitor facing away from Axiom. Axiom two handed throws the servitor choosing "Directly Away" rather than a specific target. The throw ends over the intended pre-measured target and does not scatter, knocking down the target and killing the servitor. If you did this under Syntherior's Feat, you may now take ranged attacks on the knocked down target and drag it in with tow cables.
Ticks & Tips
- It can induct and be inducted to
- When dragging a model, it has to be directly towards. Line up the center of your base and their base then move so that the center of their base stays on the line between until it hits an obstruction. (ie. PA's base, another models base or wall.)
- It can fire 5 accelispiker shots, followed by its tow cables. Assuming it damaged and dragged an enemy model with its tow cables, it can then purchase additional melee attacks
- It can fire at targets it is currently engaged/engaging in melee with
- If it fires a tow cable at a model it is currently engaged/engaging, it can then make its free melee attack and then purchase additional attacks. This theoretically means you can have 7 initial ranged attacks (5 accelispiker, 2 tow cables), with 2 free melee attacks and then 3 purchased melee attacks.
- With the Two cable free attacks:
- The Free attack MUST target the damaged and dragged model
- The free attack can be used with ANY arm
- Against models that cannot be dragged or were not dragged, but are in melee range, a free attack can still occur as long as a hit from tow cable occurred
- In the wording of drag, the phrase "After the damaged model is moved, this model can make one basic melee attack against the damaged model", the AFTER is terminology of timing, not a prerequisite.
- If the first tow cable was successful in its drag, but the second tow cable failed, the Axiom can still purchase additional melee attacks
- Don't forget that the tow cables are on separate arcs
- Don't forget to pop out a Servitor every activation!
Be mindful of targets that benefit from Sturdy, Shield Guard and Whelp Shedding. They can all shut down your drag plan.
- Shield Guard: You will end up dragging the model that activated Shield Guard to protect your original intended target.
- Note when dealing with "Whelp Shedding" used by Troll players: after the cable hits; but before the target can be dragged, Troll players can place a whelp between the targeted model and the Axiom. Thus blocking the drag vector (as as soon as the target gets pulled against the whelp, it stops).
Theme Forces usable in
Example Competitive List to field a Prime Axiom
Example List 1 (75 pts):
Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors (Using Theme: Destruction Initiative)
Credits: Compiled from sources all over the internet (notably battlecollege and reddit) by Aurora with additional notes for the benefit of the CoC community.